SUSTAINABLE MONTPELIER 2030: GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING COMMENTS AND GUEST BLOG POSTS
We’re glad to have you here! In a continued effort to engage the community, Net Zero Vermont encourages readers to comment on blog posts and news stories. The following guidelines are meant to encourage relevant, meaningful conversations about the future of Montpelier, Vermont.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING COMMENTS
- Comments that contribute to the discussion will be posted within approximately one business day.
- We do not accept anonymous comments.
- Please include your name and email address; the email address will not be displayed in the posted comment. (Alternatively, you may register using your Facebook profile.)
- Net Zero Vermont Editors will screen comments to ensure that they are relevant, respectful, and informative. The ultimate decision on publication of an online comment is at the Editors’ discretion.
- Please include a title for the comment and your affiliation.
- We expect concise comments that succinctly add quality to the discussion. For this reason comments should be no more than 1,500 characters (including spaces) in length. (If you have more to say, please consider contributing a guest blog post.)
- Be careful if copying and pasting from a Word document. Smart quotes can cause problems in the form. If you experience difficulties, please convert to a plain text file and then copy and paste into the form.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING GUEST BLOG POSTS
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR BLOG POST FOR CONSIDERATION
- If you would like to submit an idea for a post or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. New contributors may also wish to submit a brief abstract or outline of their ideas before submitting a completed post to aid in our decision-making process.
- Please send all blog posts to NZV Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We ask that new contributors submit a short bio (no more than 100 words) that includes your Twitter handle, blog URL, or any other relevant links.
- Blog posts that include a thematically related cover image are more likely to grab reader attention, so please submit a “cover” image with your post (this can be a photo, chart, screenshot, or a piece of theme art that represents the topic in a compelling way).
- Images must be a minimum of 650 x 315 pixels, with a resolution of at least 72 dpi.
- By submitting an image, you warrant that you are the copyright owner and agree to give permission for unlimited use of the image(s) to Net Zero Vermont.
- We suggest sharing video from your YouTube or Vimeo account. Browse for your video and select the one you want to upload. Copy the video link and send to email@example.com.
PROMOTION AND SOCIAL MEDIA DISTRIBUTION
NZV will promote all posts via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other relevant social platforms. We encourage contributors to do the same! By contributing to the blog, you grant us the right to use your name in promotions and other publications.
REPUBLISHING AND REPURPOSING YOUR POSTS
While we can only consider original, unpublished materials for our blog, contributors may repurpose their posts elsewhere, with the following stipulations:
- There must be a two-week window between the time your article goes live on the NZV Community blog and the time it is published on another site.
- All subsequent publication of your article must cite Net Zero Vermont Community blog as the original source and provide a link to the original post.
We hope that this community forum will help advance the vision of Sustainable Montpelier 2030. If you have any suggestions for these guidelines, let us know! We look forward to connecting with you.
The Net Zero Vermont team